For quite sometime on any of my PC’s I would get jerky/stuttery playback on youtube videos in Chrome but perfect playback in Internet Explorer. So, what’s going on? Well if it’s anything like mine your chrome has likely got more than one Adobe / Shockwave flash plugin installed. Here’s how to resolve it:-
1. Open up Chrome and head enter ‘chrome://plugins’ in your address bar.
2. Clicked on the ‘+’ located at the top right of the screen next to ‘Details. This will expand the details of all the plugins you’ve got.
3. Use CTRL+F if you need it to locate ‘Flash’ in the list.
4. Once you’ve found the Adobe Flash plugins check how many files are listed under the plugin and disable ALL of them except for the one similar to below:-
Name: Shockwave Flash Description: Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0 Version: 16,0,0,305 Location: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_16_0_0_305.dll Type: NPAPI Disable MIME types: MIME type Description File extensions application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie .swf application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie .spl
5. Next, tick the ‘Always Allowed’ tickbox and completely close chrome. With mine I ran taskkill /F /IM chrome.exe from a command prompt to completely kill it.
6. Now, head to youtube and hopefully your problems are solved
Hope this helps someone else.